Thursday, July 9, 2009

Friends from the past




I have been looking at my high school yearbook and other photos lately, in preparation for my upcoming 25th year reunion. I can't believe how OLD I am. Yeesh. But it's been fun looking back and trying to remember people and events. My biggest problem is that I attended two high schools: I moved in November of my junior year. So it is hard for me to remember exactly who was at which high school, although I do remember the different things I did at each. At my first high school I had such close friends, and we were all in chorus and theater together, had sleep-overs all the time, we didn't have jobs (we were all too young to do anything except babysit) or cars. In my next high school, it was very difficult to make friends because I was only there for a short time. I didn't "fit in" to any of their groups. I tried to join chorus, theater, colorguard... all the groups I was a part of in my first high school but it was nearly impossible to break into their solid groups. So I got a job (or three) and made friends that way... made some friends in a christian youth group.... and basically had a completely different life those last 18 months of high school. Now it is "reunion time", and I am afraid that I still won't fit in, still won't be able to join in conversations or memories cause I really don't have that many memories or anything in common with the adults that everyone has become. I am very curious to see what everyone is doing, how many kids they have, where they've travelled to, etc. I have a few months to get used to the thought of going back there (I am going to my NJ reunion... since I actually graduated from there although I have more friends still to this day from my MA high school). I've added some photos for your enjoyment!

1 comment:

  1. Those are hilarious. I hope you have fun at the reunion!!

    ReplyDelete