



This is my favorite time of year, by far. In northern Utah, "fall" lasts for weeks. The days are bright, the colors almost overwhelming, the nights are chilly and star-filled. We typically have 30 to 35 degree temperature changes from wee morning hours to our warmest time of day which is about 5 p.m. For example, last night the low was 63 and todays high is 92. In a few weeks we will see straight 80s for daytime highs with low fifties overnight. I love the smell of the air, the sound of the geese and ducks as they fly overhead. All the talk of the deer hunt, the smell of campfires, the last hurrah of the farmers selling corn and tomatoes at their stands. FOOTBALL games on Friday nights!! Driving thru the canyons and taking in the sights. Going to the corn mazes and decorating for Halloween! Finally being able to justify the purchase of the mulled cider and pumkin spice candles that I've been dying to burn :) Waiting for that first snowfall in the mountain tops. Usually we get the first snow above 8000 ft during the 2nd or 3rd week of September... I know because it is always around Meghan's birthday. This year there hasn't been any snow yet. I hope you all have a wonderful season, and are not too overcome by the negatives of this time of year: allergies, colds, sinus infections, rain. Enjoy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment